Nashville Queer History occasionally hosts or participates in events. Below you can find a list of upcoming NQH events.
September 24, 2022 – Positively Gay Zine Party
- When: 9/24/2022 from 1:30-3:30PM
- Where: Edmondson Pike Branch Library, 5501 Edmondson Pike, Nashville, TN 37211
- Details: Celebrate Nashville Queer History’s 1st birthday and learn how to make a one-page queer zine. All zine and craft supplies will be provided, but feel free to bring your own. There will also be birthday cupcakes, soda, water, and other assorted snacks. RSVP on our Facebook Event Page.
October 4, 2022 – Open House
- When: 10/4/2022 from 6:00-7:30PM
- Where: Green Hills Branch Library, 3701 Benham Ave, Nashville, TN 37215
- Details: Join NQH founder, Sarah Calise, in this informational session about the origins of the NQH project and upcoming volunteer opportunities. There will also be a discussion period where attendees can share ideas for future NQH projects. This meeting is especially important for anyone wanting to volunteer. A separate Zoom version of this open house will take place in October, specific date and time TBD.
October 15, 2022 – Community Digitization Day
- When: 10/15/2022 from 10:00AM-4:00PM
- Where: Center for Digital Humanities, Vanderbilt University, 1101 19th Ave S, Nashville, TN 37212
- Details: Do you have historic photographs, documents, ephemera, t-shirts, buttons, or more related to Nashville’s or Middle Tennessee’s LGBTQ+ past? Nashville Queer History will be taking digital donations of such items at our Community Digitization Day. You bring the stuff, and we will scan the stuff. We keep the digital copies and return the physical back to you! The digital copies will be uploaded to our digital archive currently under construction.
- Participants wanting to get material scanned please fill out our Google Form BEFORE 10/15/2022 so we have a better idea of how much material you are bringing and in what formats:
- Participants will need to fill out a Deed of Gift form to donate digital copies to the NQH Digital Archive. We will have paper copies on site for you to fill out, but here is what the Deed of Gift form looks like: NQH Deed of Gift.
- Programming: We will also have original copies of Nashville’s first LGBTQ+ newspaper, Dare (later named Query), available for you to read and touch, as well as exhibit panels on the LGBTQ+ history of Middle Tennessee courtesy of Middle Tennessee State University’s Walker Library and Albert Gore Research Center.
- Please contact Sarah Calise with any questions or concerns about the Community Digitization Day at firstname.lastname@example.org
October 22, 2022 – Online Open House
- When: 10/22/22 from 1:00-2:30PM CST
- Where: Zoom, email email@example.com for the link
- Details: Online version of the 10/4/22 Open House event listed above. For those who either do not live in the Nashville area or who cannot make it to the in-person meeting. You do NOT have to attend both meetings.