Address: 1504 Compton Avenue, Nashville, TN
Compton House was an early LGBTQ+ community center, if not the first. Located a few blocks from Belmont University, the property was known as the Gay Community Services Center, which was open seven days a week from 12pm to 10:30pm. It also served as the offices for the Metropolitan Community Church and the Tennessee Gay Coalition for Human Rights.
Today, the site is a vacant lot.
Source: The Barb, Oct. 1, 1977.